Dr. Geir Åge Løset, Co-founder, CEO/CSO
- Inventor of Nextera’s platform technology and co-founded the company in 2009.
- PhD at the University of Oslo, followed by post doctoral training at CSIRO Molecular and Health Technologies in Melbourne, Australia.
- 20 years of academic and industrial experience with focus on antibody, T cell receptor and MHC class II. He has published more than 30 peer reviewed papers in high impact journals.
- Geir Åge’s former experience spans from early studies in antibody structure and function at the Department of Molecular Cell Biology at the University of Oslo, followed by establishment of the antibody phage display discovery platform at Affitech AS. He has lead the development of Nextera’s technology platform as Chief Scientific Officer since 2010, in parallel as serving as senior researcher at the Centre for Immune Regulation at the Oslo University Hospital, associate member of the K.G. Jebsen Coeliac Disease Research Centre and Associate Professor at the Department of Biosciences at the University of Oslo.
Dr. Ole Henrik Brekke, CBO
- PhD from the University of Oslo, where he pioneered in the understanding of antibody structure and function. He has published over 25 papers in high impact journals like Nature and PNAS.
- Ole Henrik has had CEO and Director positions in Affitech AS, Dynal Biotech ASA, Invitrogen Inc, Nextera AS and Vaccibody AS over the last 26 years.
- He was the VP for Immunology in the investment company Bio-Medisinsk Innovasjon AS and VP Early development and Global BD Director in LINK Medical Research AS.
- Ole Henrik has been on the Nextera Board of Directors since 2010 before he joined as Chief Business Officer in January 2020.
Hans Petter Tjeldflaat, CFO
- MSc in Finance from the University of Wisconsin and a Master of General Business from BI.
- Hans Petter Tjeldflaat joined Nextera in 2015, serving as CFO on a part time basis.
- Hans Petter has since 2003 worked as an independent consultant to life science companies as a part time CFO, hereunder Affitech AS, Inovio AS, Nordic Nanovector AS, Vaccibody AS, Otivio AS and Respinor AS. Prior to this, Hans Petter held positions as Investment Manager in SND Invest AS and Investor Relations at Christiania Bank